New Year's Eve/Day dives?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kunks just about outdid anything the Amish have ever come up with. Hot cocoa between dives and a plate of hamburgers that Wimpy would be proud of

They really did outdo themselves (and everyone else)!

If you're gonna go, Go Big!!:D

We had a great time too. Our dive was a bit shorter than Frank and John's, but still enjoyable. Our one goal for that dive was to test Rhonda's new camera housing before we actually put the camera in, and that test went well, so in the future, be prepared for a whole lot of low viz underwater photos popping up on our threads.

We had a few technical difficulties with the Scuba Camper, but I got one of them figured out yesturday. It's always something....

Another installment of the 5K would be great. I'm thinking April or May. We're making a trip down to Balmoreah in March. Gonna check out the warmer water, the fishies and turtles, and head over to the observatory for a star party. Should be an interesting trip.

I'm really glad John, Frank, and Craig made it up to good 'ol Murray. It was a fun time as usual. I was looking through my pictures from last year, and the same group was up there last year in early January. It makes me so thankful to have a great bunch of friends.

Thanks guys!!

We had a lot of fun! Kudos to Frank for a great campfire, fantastic bedtime banjo music, and the magical burning fritos.:D

We'll have to do a 5K in the spring, but let's make sure the water temp is at least in the 60's. It's not the cold that got to me, it's the 42 layers of neoprene, and two tons of weight. And I still had problems getting down. I think it was that extra holiday weight!:shakehead:

Vis was great though, and for about 10 minutes, I had a wonderful dive!

NO fish. They are a lot smarter than we are.

Rhonda

We'll have to do a 5K in the spring, but let's make sure the water temp is at least in the 60's. It's not the cold that got to me, it's the 42 layers of neoprene, and two tons of weight. And I still had problems getting down. I think it was that extra holiday weight!:shakehead:
Rhonda

I looked around and to be honest.... I bet there was not a person there ( except the kids) that weighed more then the last time I saw them.

Go figure this... ZzzKing and I are exactly the same size now .... shoes , wetsuit , gloves........ our "Big Heads " even fit into the same size hood !!!
Now just how the Hell can that be ??? I don't think he's any bigger and I don't think I'm any smaller and yet here we are in the same size.
This is what we call careful planning :wink:
Biologists call this adaptation Symbiosis. In simple words this is a close ecological relationship between the individuals of different species.
(ZzzKing was one of the first to point to the fact that there is a distinction between my life form and his and yet we still seem to get along pretty well. :wink:

As for you Rhonda............Well ...........
We all get together and eat the same stuff and dive the same places.

Now we are all beautiful..... Rhonda.... thanks for adding that last special touch :D

Please note that we didn't fit into the same wetsuit at the same time...and I think his head is ever so slightly bigger.

Balmorhea's water is 72 degrees and crystal clear....100ft vis and the fish are almost too friendly and the turtles are awesome; we saw a family? of five two big ones and three small.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom