Newark Continental Carry-On

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Piiki - I will be flying out of Newark and am staying at the Den Laman end of April/beginning of May. I requested to get into the room early, and the reservations people committed to do so at no charge. They notated my invoice that the room would be blocked the night before (so no one else would be in it) and we would be allowed in at 6am.

txdano - Whew! Thanks for posting that, now that my trip is under 48 hours away I'm really starting to get wacky. I've re-packed our checked bags for the 10th time, and finally got them to 48 lbs each. Not sure why I couldn't figure that out in the first 8 or so attempts...

rottielover:
txdano - Whew! Thanks for posting that, now that my trip is under 48 hours away I'm really starting to get wacky. I've re-packed our checked bags for the 10th time, and finally got them to 48 lbs each. Not sure why I couldn't figure that out in the first 8 or so attempts...

hmmm, are you flying Continental direct or taking connections?? I gotta check but if I recall the checked baggage allowance was 2 bags/head each 50lbs, no? (I am not quite that far in packing yet...)

Thanks Drew, I wonder if you booked 'better' rooms than I was inquiring about. We weren't promised anything, just that it will be attempted... Will be sucky waiting from 4-5 am on, I can predict that much :11:

rottielover is gone, he signed out on another thread...you're right though, Continental is 2@50# plus carry-on and a "personal item" (reg bag for me). I think he was trying to get everything into one checked bag each.

Since the Continental red-eye's started, most resorts on Bonaire now offer some special accommodation for travelers arriving early. At the very least they'll likely hold your bags somewhere secure. Several of the resorts offer breakfast as part of their 1st morning package now too.

Worst case you can wait on the beach next door at Sand Dollar - one of few in that area - and wait for 9AM to do your BMP orientation and check dive. Dive Bari Reef right out front of your resort, it's a great dive with an easy entry/exit off their dock. Bari has the most counted species of fish of any dive site in the entire Caribbean - something like 4-500 have been found. Bonaire Dive/Adventure does REEF fish counts there - you can participate. And we've seen squid there in the shallows.

piiki:
hmmm, are you flying Continental direct or taking connections?? I gotta check but if I recall the checked baggage allowance was 2 bags/head each 50lbs, no? (I am not quite that far in packing yet...)

sjspeck:
rottielover is gone, he signed out on another thread...you're right though, Continental is 2@50# plus carry-on and a "personal item" (reg bag for me). I think he was trying to get everything into one checked bag each.

Since the Continental red-eye's started, most resorts on Bonaire now offer some special accommodation for travelers arriving early. At the very least they'll likely hold your bags somewhere secure. Several of the resorts offer breakfast as part of their 1st morning package now too.

Hey all, got bored and decided to get the laptop out, just happend to find a free wireless access point (how rare is that?)...

Anyway, Yes, I was trying to get everything we needed into 1 carry-on and 1 checked bag each (which I managed too do). Easier getting around with 2 bags each as opposed to 3 bags. But your right it's 2 checked at 50lbs Plus you get your carry-on and personal item as well.

We've only got the one connection, St. Louis too TX, then we're on the red-eye this friday directly to Bonaire.

Battery is running low, I'll post my trip report when we're back!

Later all!

PS: I did "sign-out" cause I'm doing all that last minute trip stuff, I'm actually headed home now, we're doing our last minute stuff tomorrow, and we fly out Friday. So I'm "in and out" actually.. lol

piikki:
Thanks Drew, I wonder if you booked 'better' rooms than I was inquiring about. We weren't promised anything, just that it will be attempted... Will be sucky waiting from 4-5 am on, I can predict that much :11:

There are three of us in a two bedroom ocean front. I told the agent I'd book with her vs. one of the other locations I was looking at if she gaurunteed us that we could get into the room as soon as we arrived. We'll see if she lives up to her word, but she assured me it would be taken care of...

I hope they let you in so you can get some shuteye prior to the checkout dive... Enjoy your trip! I can't wait to head out - one month from today!!!

Back
Top Bottom