newb here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pongorulz

Reaction score
hello all, im new to the diving scene (got padi'd ow in march) and have hit up some pretty hot wrecks down here in the sunny south. if ne one else has been to florida and knows of some kool wrecks that i might not have hit yet lemme know, im really into trying to find one thats home to some sharks, thats my goal, ive only seen nurse sharks so far but wanna try to find some hammerhead. ne ways just introducing myself, i hope to using this site as much as i can

try the bahamas.. saw several in Sint Maarten last week

Welcome to the board.

You wanna see sharks then you want to visit the Graveyard of the Atlantic off the coast of NC. the Olympus Dive Center has a great crew and two ample sized boats (Olympus and Midnight Express) that frequent the wrecks off the coast of Morehead where they are located. Food and entertainment are very nice (don't eat anyplace where you can smell fish - its that simple).

I have been diving there nearly every year for the passed 4 years and have seen large black-tipped Tigers routinely around the Caribe Sea and the Papoose.

Welcome aboard. Enjoy the adventure.

As for Hammerheads off the coast of Florida... you need to get out a little further where the deeper waters are... Bahamas or further south.

Back
Top Bottom