newb needs reg recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check out the Oceanic Delta 3 regulator. They have have a great reputation for reliability, breathe very easy, and are very simple to service. Your LDS will sell the Oceanic Delta 3 with the DX4 first stage for around $475. But you can get it from LP for about $260, which is in your budget.

If you want to stick with an LDS, the Oceanic Gamma 2 regulator is the next step down and is also a great regulator (my wife has one). That runs about $380 in the LDS and about $225 on line.

Good luck...

This must be my week of bad news. Just got my tuition bill :wacko: and it's gonna cut into my equipment budget ;-0 . So, I'm now forced to use my last resort....LP. I've read just about every thread there is about online vs. LDS so I know the pros and cons. I do have one question though to those who've bought their regs thru LP. If you buy a complete set (reg + octo), will they include the BC inflator hose? TIA

midwestdvr once bubbled...
This must be my week of bad news. Just got my tuition bill :wacko: and it's gonna cut into my equipment budget ;-0 . So, I'm now forced to use my last resort....LP. I've read just about every thread there is about online vs. LDS so I know the pros and cons. I do have one question though to those who've bought their regs thru LP. If you buy a complete set (reg + octo), will they include the BC inflator hose? TIA

No. The hose usually comes with the BC.

Thanks everyone for the info. Very helpful. Will try to talk to LDS to see if I can get a better deal. If not, will go with LP. Not to worry though, LDS will still get some of my hard earned cash. After all, I still need wetsuit (currently have a loaner from a friend) and I still need a BC. Figured I wouldn't go to LP for those since I need proper fit. If I have to go with LP, I'll go ahead and get a Mk25/S600 with R380 octo. Once again, thanks a million (wish I had some, though) :D

Finally got my mk25/s600 :D .Brand new gear, esp your first one, looks so coool! My wallet hurts but now I have an excuse to justify going diving. Can't wait to try this out. Also, thanks to everyone for their input, wouldn't have known what to do if it wasn't for you guys. Now, I just gotta save for the rest...:(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom