Newbie from Malaysia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

masmot

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm just certified last January. I've been teaching swimming seriously for the last 3-4 years and just this year i had the chance to take up diving course.

Seriously, i'm now almost addicted to diving and cant wait for our next dive in May.

Wanna say hi to everyone here and hope can learn more about diving from u guys. :)

@ Masmot: Welcome aboard Jiran :)

@John: Not sure which standard you are using but, on some website Sipadan listed on world's best dive sites.

@John

Yup, Sipadan is one of the best diving sites in the world. other site is Layang-Layang Island. and Perhentian island is not too bad also. :)

Hi tapas..bali and manado is in our next year's dive plan. maybe i can consult with u :)

Sounds great!!
Just let me know when you plan to go to Manado as I have bunch of colleagues from Manado that I believe can assist your holiday trip.

FYI, just like Sipadan; Bunaken also on the list of World's Best Dive Sites :)

Cheers,

Totally agreed with Tapas Bali..I've been to Manado and Bunaken..long time ago (2005) definitely recommend to go to Bunaken..and don't leave without going to Popo to experience muck diving..

and Masmot: Congratz on your scuba cert. welcome to the club!

@ Tapas bali

thanks, will get back to u with my dive plan schedule..:)

yup, after i've done my certification. i asked my trainer, which other dive sites he recommend.he said, since my first dive after certification is already in Sipadan, it's quite hard to recommend other dive sites as my first dive site already has a high benchmark..:) so other sites he recommends for quality dives is in Manado, Pulau Weh and Layang-layang. for sure will dive all three if time and money permits..hehe

@anemone

thank you. :)

Hi all, just booking my holiday to Malaysia at the moment, it will be from the 31st of may, I'm doing Lankayan for 5days then going to Layang Layang for 8 days and the to Sipidan for 7days, totally looking forward to this as I will be diving in different areas rather than staying in the one. I hope to get some great video and photos.

@ Tapas bali

so other sites he recommends for quality dives is in Manado, Pulau Weh and Layang-layang. for sure will dive all three if time and money permits..hehe

@anemone

Hi Masmot,

I think it is everybody's dream to explore part of the world as much as possible. & I believe with good planning it won't be something impossible for you to explore even more than these three dive sites.

Remember, the most valuable things in the world can't be measure by numbers/money :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom