Newer diver stuck in KS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bringbackpluto1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all!

I'm a relatively new diver from KS. My SO and I got OW certified at a lake, and this past winter we did 4 dives in Cozumel. It was as amazing of an experience as I could have hoped for.

We're planning our bucketlist Europe trip this summer, for 14 days. I keep thinking to myself that I'd rather plan a 14-day dive trip, but I know my SO has her heart set on Europe. Does anyone have some favorites spots around Italy? We're leaning towards a trip to Rome and then maybe Venice & the Dolomites, but if possible I'd love to fit in some scuba diving. We also have planned out a Greek island trip, which may still win out, but it sounds like most dive sites in the Mediterranean won't hold a candle to the Caribbean.

We briefly considered the Red Sea, but this trip isn't a diving trip, and visiting the pyramids in the August heat doesn't sound too fun to her (I'm a history buff so I'd stomach just about anything to check them out).

Hello fellow Kansan and welcome to ScubaBoard!
Unfortunately, I can't help with your dilemma. When my SO and I went to Europe a couple years ago, I just consigned myself to the fact that there would be no diving on that trip. Still had a great time and would do it again in a heartbeat, though! We were in Germany, Austria and Italy but too far inland most of the time to even be tempted.
Either way, I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Growing up in Kansas, I know what is (isn't?) there. But can't answer any European stuff, that is one direction I have not traveled. The furthest I have gone in that direction is the Bahamas.

Welcome to SB!

. . .
We're planning our bucketlist Europe trip this summer, for 14 days. I keep thinking to myself that I'd rather plan a 14-day dive trip, but I know my SO has her heart set on Europe. Does anyone have some favorites spots around Italy? We're leaning towards a trip to Rome and then maybe Venice & the Dolomites, but if possible I'd love to fit in some scuba diving. We also have planned out a Greek island trip, which may still win out, but it sounds like most dive sites in the Mediterranean won't hold a candle to the Caribbean. . . .

Take a look in the regional sub-forum for Europe, and you should find some threads in which someone from the U.S. asked about diving in Italy as part of a larger vacation itinerary--there was one fairly recently. There are some on Spain and Greece as well. My two cents would be to focus on the land-based sights if you are visiting anywhere in Europe you have not been to before, as there is just so much to see and do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom