newly certified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kyleterry,

I see from your last post you are thinking about doing some North Carolina wreck diving. Not sure what your training level is but because most of the diving off the NC coast is a long way from shore and deep (100+ is the norm) most of the dive operations (at least the ones you WANT to go with) require an advanced cert as a minimum and many require a wreck or deep cert as well. You may want to get in contact with some of the dive operations here before setting out to see what they are requiring. I know the local shops will not book anyone on a lot of the trips without AOW and wreck cert.

Herman-

Thanks for the advise. I am signing up for more classes. I am a rookie, but I love it. I got my open water in August and hit the quarries until it turned cold. I then started my trips to Bahamas and Mexico. 120' is the deepest I have gone, but I know North Carolina is not the same as Cozumel at 120' when you factor visibility, temp, and currents.

I am looking for something in North Carolina or Virginia that is good to take my oldest sons (ages 13 and 11). 100+' sounds a bit much for them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom