next up... open water dives!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

citygrl

Reaction score
so i just got my written test scores and I passed with flying colors!!!

now it's just on to my open water dives-- probably at the end of the month!!! any advice?

have a great weekend!

Sure!

1. Relax
2. Be safe
3. Have FUN

You'll do just fine, it's actually pretty fun. I remember my OW dives, the water was 42-48 degrees and the vis was about 25 feet... But, it's not the water temp I remember so much, it's the feeling of accomplishment.

Enjoy and let us know how you do!

Happy Diving,
Chris

On the night before your dives you may want to practice setting up your gear 1 or 2x if it has been a while since your last pool session. I assume you received a gear checklist in your OW class -- use this to make sure you have everything. Pack everything up the night before if possible to avoid forgetting something.

On the day of the dives.....listen carefully to dive briefings. TAKE THINGS SLOW AND EASY, whether it's gearing up, entering the water, descending/ascending, or doing skills.

Relax and enjoy...you'll have a great time.

Good luck!

Citygrl......Good luck!!

1. Be Safe
2. Have Fun
3. Listen to instructor
4. Have more fun
5. Become a Certified Diver
6. Celebrate
7. Dive, Dive, Dive
8. Visit this board often

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back