Nigerian Relief Scam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapro50

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
The damage from hurricane Katrina is bad and I urge everyone to contribute money to the American Red Cross or Salivation Army .... but a Nigerian scam has started where they are sending out emails asking people to contribute money directly (using their credit card) to help the relief effort. THE AMERICAN RED CROSS, FEMA AND SALVATION ARMY does not do email requests requiring you to send contributions via credit card to some strange sounding email address. Please contribute to the relief effort but make sure your money is going to the people who need it and not a scam artist. Please pass along this message and tell all your friends about this email scam and help stop it .......

Wow....I just won the Nigerian lottery....think that is a scam too? I get regular emails emails from Nigeria telling me I have money coming to me.....yeah right!
I am afraid that many people must fall for the scams or they would quit sending them. It amazes me that the promise of something for nothing still works. I hope that those wanting to do the right thing will do a little checking before donating to these lowlife scammers.

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom