Night Dive at the Destin Jetties (Sat) Sept 19th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Were you guys at the east side jetties at around 3:30? I was there. I was snorkeling and trying to catch those greyish looking tangs or surgeonfish with the white band around their tail.
Anyone going this weekend in the daytime?

No, we didn't get out to the jetties till around 9:30 PM since the high tide wasn't happening till 11 PM. I am tied up this week so will have to stay dry unfortunately.

Were you guys at the east side jetties at around 3:30? I was there. I was snorkeling and trying to catch those greyish looking tangs or surgeonfish with the white band around their tail.
Anyone going this weekend in the daytime?

That sucks. Awesome anemone you saw though. I don't see too many of those on the jetties. What spot did you see it in?

I only took the surface shots....Xray took the underwater shots. But, there are anemome's all along the jetties in many areas. Most are found growing in between the rocks. Most are fairly plain looking, but every now and then I see one with some nice color.

Were you using a slurp gun when you were trying to catch those tangs??

That sucks. Awesome anemone you saw though. I don't see too many of those on the jetties. What spot did you see it in?

A net...lol.

This weekend I'm going to bring a cast net and try that.
I don't have a slurp gun. Are they effective for fish? I only read about them for being used to catch ghost shrimp.

Slurp guns work MUCH better then a net. Cast net will be tough around the jetties. They are not as effective unless they can fall flat on the ground....and the rocks tend to not let that happen.

Where do you live? The Scuba Shop in Fort Walton Beach has a slurp gun for sale...at least last time I looked. Talk to Heather and she might work you a deal on one. It is not a large one, but big enough for blennys, small damsels, etc. Tell her Glen sent you!

A net...lol.

This weekend I'm going to bring a cast net and try that.
I don't have a slurp gun. Are they effective for fish? I only read about them for being used to catch ghost shrimp.

I'm sure Glen won't blow his own horn, but he is also an awesome Pet Shop owner who can help you with any supplies you need!

Awwww Barry, you so sweet.:D

I'm sure Glen won't blow his own horn, but he is also an awesome Pet Shop owner who can help you with any supplies you need!

Petland or Niceville Pets or what? How'd you know I keep a LOT of animals? Weird...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom