Night Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had the best humberbay dive(although thats not much) i ever had yesterday. Vis was best i've ever seen ,and for a bonus we saw a large fish.

Warren_L:
Sorry ... that's Big Bay Point. Just south east a bit from the Morrison in Barrie.
And so obvious when you see it spelled out. :wink: I've heard of it, never dove it. I understand there's some depth. Is it easily accessable? Directions?

Groundhog246:
And so obvious when you see it spelled out. :wink: I've heard of it, never dove it. I understand there's some depth. Is it easily accessable? Directions?
It's a decent site. There are a few submerged objects to see and several lines that run out. Navigation is pretty easy with the natural slope of the site. Here is a map: http://www.scuba2000.com/pdf_forms/big_bay_point_map.pdf

The viz last night was better than 30 feet, temps were in the mid 50s, and you can go down to 120+ feet if you want to. The slope starts about 6 feet at the dock and does gradually down. There's some pretty big fish that hang out there too. Great easy dive and cheap as well if you just want to get wet. Much prefer it to quarry diving.

Sounds like it could be a nice change. Warmer than Georgian Bay, no too far away for a weekend day trip (bit far for an evening, it would almost certainly be a night dive).

Groundhog246:
Sounds like it could be a nice change. Warmer than Georgian Bay, no too far away for a weekend day trip (bit far for an evening, it would almost certainly be a night dive).
How about testing it in the very near future? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom