Night Diver Operators in Mayan / Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fernie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
A couple of questions and hoping someone who has been there can help...

1) Who is the best diver operator / shop for night diving in the Playa Del Carmen?

2) Is it worth doing a night dive in Cozumel as well?

3) Can you night dive in the Cenote's?

4) Can anyone recommend some dive sites that would be a must see?

5) Any cenotes that we must do?

Brian

I just did a night dive with Blue Magic Scuba in Cozumel. My first time. Enjoyed it immensely. Lots of wildlife to see in Coz.

Last year I dove 2 cenotes; Calavera and Grand Cenote around Tulum. Both were very cool. I dove with Aquatic Tulum. Thumbs up. Not sure whether you can do cenotes at night. Might be a bit tough getting into some of them. Part of the beauty of diving cenotes for me is the daylight that filters down. Of course, when you're into the caverns it's dark anyway. Be sure to get a dive master certified for cenotes!

Scuba 10 in Playa del Carmen also offers night dives and dive trips to Cozumel, which has some amazing diving! We also offer dive tours that include two cenote dives such as Gran Cenote, Angelita and Dos Ojos.

Might not be what you're after but Aqua Safari does night dives on Paradise Reef. These were actually some of the best dives of our trip as I loved seeing the crabs, octopus, eels, and other night creatures.

Never Dived Playa. Did a GREAT night dive on Coz with Scuba Mau. Not sure who is best to dive with on coz but Scuba Mau was good. Found them right next to the hotel we were staying at about 3 or so miles south of the cruise terminals. Night diving coz is a must do in my opinion. It was soo cool. I would never night dive a cenote because going from the dark caverns to bright openings is part of what makes it so cool. Cenote diving is also a MUST MUST DO. I don’t know if any operators do cenote night dives. I doubt any do.

You can't go wrong with most dives on Coz. Good dive off Akumal, good dives off of the hotel zone in cancun (punta negra), sweet easy dives off Isla Mujeres...too many good dives to list.

For Cenotes use Hidden Worlds. You can find them right on the main highway, west side, About halfway between Akumal and Tulum. Like 15 minutes south of Akumal. Great and trustworthy operator. Owned by a Texan guy who discovered and pioneered many of the cenotes dives in the area. They have their own private entrance to the Dos Ojos system. Dos Ojos is an absolute must dive. SO BEAUTIFUL. What an adventure you will have. Tell them Mike from Utah sent you. Ask for Don Carlos. He is an awesome DM. If you’re lucky he will take you into the bat cave and the stomach of the snake. But Dos Ojos is a must do. It is very light lots of Mexican tetras (fish). This cave was featured on an IMAX film and they used Hidden worlds as their operator for the film. The drivers licenses for the state of Quintana Roo feature a picture of divers in one of the eyes of the Dos Ojos Cenote. It is very pretty.

When I have booked Riviera Maya, we were south of PDC, once right in the town of Puerto Aventuras, The Catalonia. Short walk to the harbor area, where you can go fishing, or go to the dolphin, seal, manatee shows, and the dive shop called Dive Aventuras. Great dive shop. Divemasters all speak english, small boats, short boat rides, and they always come in to the harbor for the surface interval, so you can watch the shows between dives. Mike, an american is part owner of the shop, dove with Carlos, and other dive masters. Had a great time. Last time we were there we were at the Barcelo, beautiful resort, long beach. Jim

Im pretty sure you cant do a night dive in Calavera, because of the dangers involved.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom