night dives in Turks and Caicos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

briannem

New
Reaction score
My fiance and I are staying in Provo and Grand Turk next month, we are interested in doing a night dive in either (or both) destinations, any suggestions? comments? advice? thanks!!

I did 9 days of diving in GT last February. We had a night dive on deck on our last day, but seas was a bit rough, and vis was expected to be not great, so we cancelled on advice of Mitch at Blue Water.

That said, I've heard it's great and The Wall comes alive with many large Red Spider Crabs and other crustaceans, luminesent worms, etc.

We were there last year, did a night dive off the beach in Grace Bay in front of the Coral Gardens Condos (where Caicos Adventures has a shop). We had a waxing crescent moon, and there were still some glow worms visible - they are most prominent right after the new moon.

Reef in front of coral gardens is a great night dive, we saw an octopus, 2 slipper lobsters, sting ray, hawksbill turtle, some cocooned parrotfish, spiny lobster and a scrawled filefish.

The dive was guided and required advance reservations.

We just got back from Grand Turk and did all our dives with Blue Water Divers. All the diving was great and well organized. Our night dive was terrific and we saw so many creatures -- nurse shark, huge lobsters and crabs, eels, octopus, sleeping parrotfish, bio luminescence, a massive basket star -- you name it, we saw it and we were down for 60 minutes. Lovely!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom