Night diving and flash photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cerveza

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi there, another quick question, is it ok to use strobe/flash photography on a night dive or will it effect peoples eyes by temporarily effecting night vision (bit like getting caught in the face by someones torch)..thanks

Hi there, another quick question, is it ok to use strobe/flash photography on a night dive or will it effect peoples eyes by temporarily effecting night vision (bit like getting caught in the face by someones torch)..thanks

LOL....

Dont shoot your dive buddy in the face with a strobe/flash.

My girl friend about beat me for it.

I just wanted a nice picture of a sweet girl.

She about kicked my butt...:D LOL.

thanks Jim is she still talking to you?...lol
so i take it by your answer that its ok to be behind the flash, rather than in front of it on a night dive...which kinda makes sense...

thanks Jim is she still talking to you?...lol
so i take it by your answer that its ok to be behind the flash, rather than in front of it on a night dive...which kinda makes sense...

ROFL....

Yes she does still speak too me but she carries a BIG Dive knife and tells me.... Go ahead and do it again and see what happens!!!

I trust her word...... I wont do it again...

Stay behind the strobe brother....

Shoot all of the night dive Photo's you can...

But.... If you love your dive buddy dont shoot her on a night dive, You may not WANT to wake-up the next morning... THING'S Could be missing....:11:

It's amazing how far away you can see strobes going off at night. Like Jim says, as long as you are behind the flash, you'll be OK.:D

Another point is not to light up fish too long at night because you can blind them temporarily and they might just become a late night snack for a predator.

Back
Top Bottom