Night Diving at Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Dad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I had a long discussion yesterday with the Ranger at Phil Foster Park. One of the topics he brought up was the fact that the beach is closed at sunset. He told me that at first he gave the divers a break and let them dive, but he also told the divers to be out of the water by 9:15, because he closed down the park at 10PM, and that was his quitting time. Well, at 9:45 he'd be on the fishing pier shining his mega-watt spot beam at the divers in the water trying to get their attention to come up. Of course, in his mind, the divers were ignoring his attention getting technique. He's probably correct. So now, the park rules are being enforced.

He did say that we could dive if we used a boat to get there. So, I asked him if he knew any place nearby where I could launch a kayak without getting a ticket. He didn't know of any place.

Al

Ooooh...I see a BHB kayak dive in my future. I don't know the area...how far is the marina from the bridge?

Also...is that a safer place to park than near the bridge? I've heard lots of negatives about the unsavory characters near the bridge.

DebbyDiver:
Ooooh...I see a BHB kayak dive in my future. I don't know the area...how far is the marina from the bridge?

Also...is that a safer place to park than near the bridge? I've heard lots of negatives about the unsavory characters near the bridge.

One of the reasons for closing the beach at sunset and the park at 10PM is to keep the unsavory characters out of there. Yes.. there is still a small presence of some of the less than honorable citizens in the park.

Is Riviera Beach Marina any safer? Nope! A friend of mine got jumped in the mens room... took his wedding ring and his wallet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom