Nikon D300, does anyone here shoot this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wow, thanks for all the info! My camera should arrive and housing by Tuesday of this week. Reefphoto is sending it. The "Review" was very helpful and I'm sure I will purchase one of those books. Never have tried the magic filter, do you use that alot? which one? Also, I can't afford the dome port for wide angle yet so what's the best all around lens for general shooting and some macro. I'm leaving for Bonaire in December and hope to have the wide angle stuff for Coz in middle of Feb. Thanks Guys!!! PS I have the D2000 Inon strobes and that's also why I ordered the seatool housing.

I would go with the 60mm AF-S macro lens. Fast focus, you can do 1:1 shots as well as fish portraits. The port for it will be pretty inexpensive also so would be a good first lens.

thanks for all of your wonderful suggestions and also the great "review". What lens would you use for on land? thanks Scott

Well.. a 18-70 is not bad for a light lens and it gives you some zooming. Its pretty inexpensive, or for a bit more you could go with the 18-200mm but the lens is a bit heavier also. The 18-200 is a good all around lens though for most situations.

There are of course more expensive better quality lenses, but I am figuring you want to stay on a budget and reduce the number of lenses and money.

I rather get a fast (fixed F2.8) lens for topside use. the 18-50 range from Sigma, Tamron, etc are great and easy on the pocket. VR is great but no substitute for having a fast lens. A constant F2.8 will allow you to be creative with bokeh (blurred backgrounds),

I have a Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 macro HSM. Its a great lens topside. And since it also does macro (not full 1:1 of course), I can also use it UW without diopters.

If you have cash to burn, the Nikon version is the best....and the biggest lens of all....

Last edited:
humm u mean 18-50?

heheh....yeah...you got me... post edited :wink:

a friend wrote me this on anohter board.

"Hi Scott, Note that since the Seatool is such a form fitting housing, you have to remove the metal strap clips from the camera body itself (not just the strap). So I'm not sure if there is an easy on off solution that is quick. Let me know if you find one."

My question is this, do I have to remove the metal strap do hicky's from the camera to fit into the housing safely??? thanks, sorry about all the questions. Scott

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom