Nikon D7000 - First Underwater Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainer

Contributor
Reaction score
I posted this in our SoCal regional forum, but in case any other Nikon shooters are interested, here's a short video shot on our Nikon D7000 last week. My first attempt underwater, and on a shore dive with less than ideal conditions, but it gives a sense of what is achievable.

Aquatica housing + Tokina 10-17mm + 4" mini dome + dual Salvo 35W HIDs with video reflectors.

Mostly shot at 10mm (I'd like to try more at 17mm next time to kill some of the fisheye effect), ISO 100-400, f/4.5, manual settings (other than autofocus which was locked a couple feet away).

Look forward to getting in more dives with this rig in the coming months. We got the setup with a focus on video only for now (we've been shooting the D7000 topside for about a year now).

For 1080p HD, select the "HD" option (if you have a fast connection), otherwise leave "HD" off.

[vimeo]32901420[/vimeo]

..for the first time in FL last weekend. Nothing spectacular but only due to my inexperience.

Nice job.

Chris

Thanks! Congrats on getting your D7000 underwater. Look forward to seeing what you shoot!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom