Nikon D90 Underwater Shots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And where did you hear this? I have only heard speculation.. but nothing from Sea & Sea and if it was Feb 09, I would think it would have been announced by now.

Hi,
I've seen the RDX-D90 announced in some italian website, as asked them if they were sure. They replied end Feb 2009.

Hi,
I've seen the RDX-D90 announced in some italian website, as asked them if they were sure. They replied end Feb 2009.

Well.. That settles it.. It must be true if it was announced on some italian website and they were sure.. :rofl3:

do you want me to give you their contacts, or your assessment is final? :)

do you want me to give you their contacts, or your assessment is final? :)

Here's my point I am trying to make.. The RDX-D60 and RDX-450D have been announced for quite a while and shown at DEMA. They are just now becoming available. When asked, Sea & Sea has said repeatedly that they do not have anything to announce on the D90 yet which seems odd if they were going to release it by your date you came up with.

Of course Sea & Sea could be planning something, but I am saying it hasn't even been really leaked yet and so I do not believe the dates that you put out there. When you refer to a source of some Italian site where they just "say it is so" of course I am not going to put any faith in that source. :no:

Doesn't Sea & Sea have a representative here in SB to answer questions about their products and provide information like Ikelite has here?

My Ikelite housing for my D90 is currently on its way from the states. Its not as good looking as the Sea & Sea housings but its in production and I would be using the D90 in the water for some time before Sea & Sea if or when make a housing for the D90.

With the 18-24 month gap between DSLR model updates (ie D100-D200-D300, D70-D80-D90) housing companies need to bring housing out as soon as possible to keep up.

Regards Mark

Anyone tried video with this yet? Samples?
How is it under water in video mode since it doesn't auto focus in terms of ease of use?
Thanks

Anyone tried video with this yet? Samples?
How is it under water in video mode since it doesn't auto focus in terms of ease of use?
Thanks

I have only played with it a little topside. Basically you use AF to get the correct focus then go into video mode which only has manual focus.

It will was ok with stationery subjects as you really didn't have to play with the focusing. Moving subjects my focusing was all over the place. I expect the same underwater with moving subjects.

Lucky I have manual focus Ikelite ports so I can play with focusing in video mode.

I will have my D90 housing in 2 weeks so then I can post some shots and video.

Regards Mark

I'm looking to get a housing for my D90, and I would prefer a S&S, not sure if I can wait. Please let us know how the Ikelite works out.

Also, what lens works best for shots of other divers, full body shots with good vis? Thanks.
C-

My D90 body is on the way...step one is done :) Ikelite gives you a lot of options concerning all sorts of configurations, and that's very good + the price is attractive.

I've never used a reflex rig...I'm just a little worried with the SIZE of it. And Ikelite housings are quite big.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom