Nikon L26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alexx007

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm new to underwater photography. My first go at it was with a SeaLife Mini, which I found to be incredibly awful, due to not being able to change any settings, set white balance or anything! I'm working on my photography skills on land with a Canon Rebel, but have no desire to risk taking that under, plus the housing cost is just outta my budget. A local dive shop has the Nikon L26 and Ikelite Housing on for a pretty good price right now, so I was just wondering what you all have to say on it!

Has anyone/does anyone use it? Is it decent for a newbie, but still have options and take decent pictures?
By no means am I expecting to get the best of the best photos, and I am not looking to spend a ton on a camera at this moment. I just want something I can play around on, learn with and still capture some great memories without having to edit them for hours!

Any reviews or opinions greatly appreciated!!

I used a Nikon L-22 with Ikelight housing for several years and had good results. This past Christmas my wife bought me the L-26 Ikelight package (camera, housing and strobe). I've only used it a couple of times but so far its very easy to handle underwater and takes decent photos. This is a decent beginner package until your skills get better. I'm not that interested in underwater photography so this is perfect for me. Here's the cool part...the L26 takes great underwater video. My dive buddies were using GoPros for their video and everyone agreed that my videos were better than theirs.

Give it a shot, if your skills improve and you want to upgrade, you can always sell it and make some of your money back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom