nitrox advantage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just took the class and one of the things I like dabout it was the extra info. it gave me on the physis of diving and such as that. I would highly recomend it to anyone interested in furthuring there knowledge.

i agree, stepup ... advanced nitrox is also very interesting and educaitonal, even if you don't ever want to dive 100% o2

Incidentally, according to at least one of the schools of thought regarding feeling better after a dive on nitrox than after the same dive on air, it may be because of a reduction in the incidence or severity of non-clinical DCS. Additional anecdotes have suggested that deep stops help the same way, which would be seem to reasonably account for the anecdotes wherein divers who have been performing deep stops have said that diving nitrox does not change how they feel post-dive.

Of course, until there is definitive scientific evidence, they're all just hypotheses and anecdotes, but if you're one who feels tired after a dive, it might be worth it to try incorporating deep stops or nitrox (or both) to see what your personal anecdote will be.

(My anecdote is in with the "I've always done deep stops, never had that post-dive tiredness, and noticed no difference on nitrox" stack, but hey, "the plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'.")

I think that getting your nitrox c card is a great idea - if only to learn ( as someone said) a little more about the physics of diving.

BUT to extend your bottom time - the best (and IMHO safest way) would be to buy yourself a computer - doesn't have to be expensive, sunnto moskito has done me fine for many years.

Big danger of Nitrox ( esp for new divers ) is the depth limits. couple this with using new and different tables and to be honest ( and I don't want to appear to preach) it makes nitrox a more risky alternative to air. Keep it simple !!

Try to focus on buoyancy - OK not the most sexy thing to do, but it will x1/2 - x1/4 your air comsumption. do a peak performance buoyancy class or msg me for some hints and tips. i've got a pdf I made up somewhere, I'm happy to send out.

so, go nitrox for the education, get a computer for NDL's and focus on air / buoyancy for enjoyment of the sport and longer dives within the limits.

hope that gives a perspective

cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom