Nitrox Class in early 04?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am looking forward to meeting some of you from this board. Not to mention I have never dove at DS.

sylvester once bubbled...
I am looking forward to meeting some of you from this board. Not to mention I have never dove at DS.
I'm looking forward to it too. It will be much more fun in a group.
I didn't realize you haven't been to dutch.
Although it will cold, mid 40's I think, the visibility should be superb.

There are only 2 dives, one day, for nitrox and dry.
They count for both. Dry is the only class that you can use
an other specialitys checkout dives, when you do it in a dry suit.

Which is why I'm considering PPB, which is 2 additional dives, on the second day. If not PPB then just two fun dives on Sunday. I think we need an instructor to be there though.

They didn't sell you on the video because you don't need it.
I just finished the book and you'll see what I mean as you read it.

I didn't read the dry suit yet, but it comes with the video in one of those blister packs.

If anyone is interested in PPB, the reading is in the advanced book. It doesn't exist in the older advanced books. I'm considering reading it at the shop.

So it looks like we could have as many as 9.
I'm going to need to know what everyone wants to take and equipment needs. I'll send you all a PM.

I bought my Nitrox pack it came with the video, when I ask the guy at TSC I thought he said there was no training pack for Dry Suits if there is, I'll order a copy for my own referance.

After glancing through the thread there are a couple of corrections that I'd like to offer.

There is a crew pack for the dry suit class (video and book)

There is also a book and video for the PPB class.

The only class that the dry suit dives can be combined with is nitrox. Nitrox is the only class that can be combined with other specialties, not dry suit.

I saw something about doing the classes indoors? Drysuit and nitrox both require 2 open water dives. OW is defined as conditions representative of the local environment. Certainly an indoor pool could be used for the confined water portion of the dry suit class which is also a requirement.

Thanks Mike.
I thought the Nitrox/Dry was the other way around.
Regardless the two can be combined.

The open water dives are in the quarry, with the confined part in the heated pool.

PPB is peak performance buoyancy, I think that is a good combo with the other two, since we'll be learning new buoyancy techniques. The shop regularly combines the three as a package deal. This will also give us a total of 4 traing dives in dry suits with nitrox. Dutch has a setup especially for PPB. It's a series of underwater rings at different depths that you navigate through.

XJae once bubbled...
Thanks Mike.
I thought the Nitrox/Dry was the other way around.
Regardless the two can be combined.

The open water dives are in the quarry, with the confined part in the heated pool.

PPB is peak performance buoyancy, I think that is a good combo with the other two, since we'll be learning new buoyancy techniques. The shop regularly combines the three as a package deal. This will also give us a total of 4 traing dives in dry suits with nitrox. Dutch has a setup especially for PPB. It's a series of underwater rings at different depths that you navigate through.

Yes they can be combined. Sounds like a fun weekend.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

Yes they can be combined. Sounds like a fun weekend.
I can't wait.
As long as the weekend at the quarry doesn't get cancelled due to weather, we'll be able to do an ice trip in feb/mar.

I will pass on PPB thats something the wife an I can both do in warmer water, I can also use that as quality time, while getting a couple of dives out of it :)

Ok so one last time, so I can pick it up in the next week or so, and start reading.

We just need the Nitrox and Dry Suit crew packs, even if we're taking PPB also. And we don't need any of the videos.

Correct?

grunzster once bubbled...
Ok so one last time, so I can pick it up in the next week or so, and start reading.

We just need the Nitrox and Dry Suit crew packs, even if we're taking PPB also. And we don't need any of the videos.

Correct?

Ok.

Nitrox
You need the Nitrox crewpac.
I guess there is different versions of it.
You definately need the book and the three tables that come with it.
Some versions come with the video, nice but not a requirement.

Dry suit
I've only seen it sold together, book and video.
I suppose if you had the book only, you'd be fine.

PPB
I didn't realize there was a crewpack for this.
It is not required for the class.
The section of the advanced book is minimum requirement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom