Nitrox Dive Tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CMOST

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I figured I would ask this question in the advanced section. I have the dive tables for 32 & 36 nitrox. My question is are there more tables out there or do you have to be a mathematician to figure out the different mixes BT, SI and all other pertinent information. For example let's use a 30% mix. Figuring the MOD, ppo2 no problem but what would the SI be between multiple dives and how much residual would be left to figure in the next dive. :confused:

SI - offgassing is the same.

If you want to calculate other mixes, you can either use planning software, or use the EAD table, and the Air table.

Otherwise - a decent dive computer does the trick.

There are other tables available. I know IANTD has multiple tables for various mixes, including 30%. I have a series of them that I bought from what used to be Dive Rite Express (now Dive gear express?) that are printed on vinyl so you can roll them up and keep them in your thigh pocket.

DSAT, I believe, only publishes tables for 32 and 36. It's not rocket science (in fact I'd assert that you need only have finished the sixth grade to accomplish the math feats involved) but if you want a simple easy to understand tool to assist, the iDive app for the iPhone/iPod touch is handy and only costs a few dollars.

I figured I would ask this question in the advanced section. I have the dive tables for 32 & 36 nitrox. My question is are there more tables out there or do you have to be a mathematician to figure out the different mixes BT, SI and all other pertinent information. For example let's use a 30% mix. Figuring the MOD, ppo2 no problem but what would the SI be between multiple dives and how much residual would be left to figure in the next dive. :confused:

Rectangular profiles? Sounds like you are diving tables. Commendable. Convert max depth to air equivalent depth and use the air table of your choice (Navy, Padi, Naui, ...)

I encourage you to continue to question things that many divers just "go with". Get a copy of the NOAA Diving Manual, expensive, but full of very readable information.

Stay safe.

Didn't they cover this in your course?

All you do is use the DSAT table to come up with an EAD (Equivalent Air Depth) for the mix and use the standard air RDT for NDL & SIT.

You need to stay on top of MOD and Total Oxygen Exposure but this is also on the DSAT table. Total Oxygen is not generally on the premix tables.

Richard

There are other tables available. I know IANTD has multiple tables for various mixes, including 30%. I have a series of them that I bought from what used to be Dive Rite Express (now Dive gear express?) that are printed on vinyl so you can roll them up and keep them in your thigh pocket.
+1

I also have a set of the vinyl IANTD tables.

If you just want to be able to dive different mixes, for example on vacation or some location where only some are banked, they can come in handy. They can also come in handy when things don't go quite the way you'd planned...

Dive safe,

Doc

For those who have an I-Phone, there's a free app called 'nitrox mix'. You set the ppo2 from 1.00 to 1.60, o2 from 21% to100% & it will give you your MOD....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom