Nitrox feed back.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEEP SEA

Contributor
Reaction score
I was recently on a dive and some of the crew dove with enriched air. They claimed it made them feel much better after a dive (less tired)! Is diving Nitrox that good? I have not had the class yet.

I do know my MK-15 rebreather uses mixed gas but I don’t seem to notice much difference when I get out of the water. Would like some feed back – Thanks.

and some don't notice any difference.
I'm one who doesn't. My bride says she does.
Rick

As Rick mentioned, some feel a difference, some don't. I'm one of those who do. After 3-4 dives a day on EAN, I am less tired than when on air.

After several dives a day using Nitrox I feel better. I will get tired later in the day/evening, but it is more gradual.
RonC.

Dear Readers:

It just goes to show you that there is variability among individuals when pharmacological effects are concerned.

As indicated by Dan Reinders in another forum (Dr Deco), the partial pressure of oxygen at the cellular level is lowered because of metabolism. Based on the lipid solubility, we could expect that oxygen would have the same narcotic potency as nitrogen if there were not a loss from cellular metabolism.

Dr. Deco

Dr. Deco, you write like my lawyer.

Dee, that is exactly what the person was telling me.

I tend to dive air in the summers and nitrox in the winters. Our waters are very cold in the winter, and nitrox keeps me warmer. I do not dive nitrox on walls or wrecks where it is possible to go deeper than the max depth allowed for my mix. That is my own personal limitation. I do not notice greater energy with nitrox until long after the dive is over. I think this is because we often have long hikes with our gear after a dive. ages

Deep Sea,
EAN makes a diffrence for me. I feel fresher after a deep dive. Seems I don't have that washed out feeling as I do when diving on straight compressed air. I've been told that middle age divers are more likely to realize an advantage from diving with EAN than younger divers. Seems like I'm seeing more and more baby boomers using the gas.
Scuba Bob

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom