Nitrox in my BCD???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I guess I can cancel the appointment to have my drysuit O2 cleaned . . .

UnixSage:
I *think* I remember reading that O2 that they need a perscription to get it and there is some special name for it to allow easier access for dive shops.

Welding Gas.

Possibly a droplet of water spread over the entire cubic footage of the tank.

If you're breathing blended gas South of the US, you can pretty much so count on it.

Bryan St.Germain:
So I guess I can cancel the appointment to have my drysuit O2 cleaned . . .
And what about our lungs, do we get O2 cleaned after breathing normal air? Hmmmm better get yourself O2 cleaned

I'm already oh too clean as it is, Dave, since I gave up coffee as well as the drink.
If I get any more too clean I'll turn transparent and float away, as a gal of mine used to say back in the '60s.

And cheers to you too,
Bryan

colby:
An update on this. I gave TUSA a call yesterday as I am planning to do my Nitrox certification this year, and I was going to be really grumpy if this new BC wasn't going to cut the mustard. In fact I thought it was strange that every BC that TUSA makes, including the Pro models, are covered in this manual.

Talking with TUSA, the notice is really for the European market, in fact the English section of the manual has a GB (Great Britian) notation on it. From what the technician said, the rules for enriched air are a little more strict in Europe, (is this true?), and that the BCD was fine for enriched air within recreational limits, that is less than 40% oxygen. No cleaning requirements, no kits, just go and use.
I guess Nitrox in Europe is more explosive.

Walter:
As long as the mix is 40% or less, it doesn't need to be O2 clean.
..... What would you need to do to use this BC with 80%?

jonnythan:
..... What would you need to do to use this BC with 80%?
Pony tank with EAN 21 :wink: (AIR) Just like the drysuit divers when using trimix.
Dedicated to inflation only.

Its the only safe way I can think of.

Back
Top Bottom