Nitrox Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suppose I should rephrase myself. Tired, worn out, beat... those are probably better words to use than crap. I don't feel sick or anything just very tired. Last time I did 3 dives in cold water and I was SO tired.

It sounds to me like three dives a day is making your quite tired - this seems reasonable to me, especially if you are diving wet. Some might suggest nitrox, but I'd suggest cutting back to two dives per day and ramping it up to three dives per day when you feel up to it.

Um, ok? I don't understand what your getting at but thanks? If your refering to my last reply, that wasn't even directed at you and it wasn't rude either.

I don't understand him either. Others do, but I don't. I am willing to accept that I must be in some way deficient.

Um, ok? I don't understand what your getting at but thanks? If your refering to my last reply, that wasn't even directed at you and it wasn't rude either.

Welcome to Scuba Board I have myself learned just to overlook a lot of folks remarks. But the advice others are giving you here is really good advice. As far as getting back into a wet suit in cold water thats the first thing you have to consider. When you are cold your body is working harder to try to maintain a safe body temperature so you will be more tired after diving.

As far as nitrox I beleive the poster who stated switching to nitrox and slowing your decent would in fact be a very positive start to feeling less dragged. Remember diving is all about patience fun and adventure. So if you want to even go as slow as 5 feet per minute who cares and think of the extra bottom time youll gain :)

Good luck and let us know how things go for you

The ignore button is a WONDERFUL button to use sometimes :wink:

I just feel really worn out and tired after I dive. I never have headaches or nausea. I just feel physicaly worn out. I don't know if it's because all my gear is so heavy (I'm usually panting by the time I get in the water) or because I breath very very qucikly and deeply due to a little anxiety. Someone said it could be CO2 build up that is making me tired after my dives. I never go past 40' and always do a 3-5 min saftey stop and acend slowly. I also could be a little dehydrated, I drink plenty of water but my doctor still always tells me I am dehydrated.

I think you have made a good self diagnosis. Anxiety will flat wear you out and this is supposed to be a pleasurable experiance.

I have sent you a PM with some suggestions.

I suppose I should rephrase myself. Tired, worn out, beat... those are probably better words to use than crap. I don't feel sick or anything just very tired. Last time I did 3 dives in cold water and I was SO tired. It tends to happen when I do multiple dives and when I am cold, Like when I do a surface intervle and then get back into a freezing cold wetsuit then do a dive, I am usually very tired after a dive like that.
When my wife and I first started, just a few years ago, we were in our late 50's. We were totally exhausted after two morning dives. It was inconceivable to us at that time (0-24 dives; approximately equivalent to your dive history), that we would/could ever do 3+ dives per day. Well, we rapidly moved past that point and have done as many as 5 per day. (We do sleep well on those occasions!) IMHO, the ability to dive that much and not feel exhausted relates primarily to experience and the diving efficiency that accompanies it. So, dive more; enjoy it as much as possible and the enjoyment will increase while the exhaustion recedes.:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom