Nitrox Tank used first or last?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd follow the old rule of make the deepest dive first. Physiologically speaking, the air dive is "deeper."

This set of profiles appears to push the "recreational diving" limits which makes me a little uncomfortable since MRT bills himself as a "new member" [fair enough, not a "new diver"], but with 100-199 dives [which is still actually somewhat low, especially for this borderline deco event]. This is a fascinating set of posts, and what is most interesting is the division of opinions, albeit with rational mathematical support. Simple question: are you able to add some SI to this dive, which it seems to me might make the whole thing safer and more fun as well, while giving you more BT? Just a thought.....

Is there a specific reason that you want this? Why, if you're diving nitrox not dive all day on it? What are you diving that has the square profile? Why can't your surface interval be longer?
100 foot dives should be relatively simple but the restrictions for this one make it sort of complicated.
Good discussion, I've enjoyed it a bunch! Makes me realize what I'll be up against doing those wreck dives in Truk if I can ever get my husband to finish graduate school!

Last edited:
I'd follow the old rule of make the deepest dive first. Physiologically speaking, the air dive is "deeper."

That is what I've tried to tell in my first post in this thread. Do the EAD calculation and do the deepest dive first based on that.

No calculations needed. Same dive, same depth, different gas. Air vs. EAN, Air is "deeper."

No calculations needed. Same dive, same depth, different gas. Air vs. EAN, Air is "deeper."

I know for this particular one. But if you had two different depths for the dive one would do the EAD calculation and dive deeper dive first. Now if EAD for the first dive (on EAN) is deeper than second dive I would say do EAN dive first (provided it is within MOD).

But if my grandmother had two wheels ... she'd be a bicycle.:D

But if my grandmother had two wheels ... she'd be a bicycle.:D

What is wrong with converting specific question into a generic answer that will work for all the different mixtures and depth combination?

Absolutely nothing is wrong with doing so.

Back
Top Bottom