Nitrox vs. Regular Air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Really? I just scratched TDI off my list of training agencies to use in the future based the crap you've been spouting off here in this thread. I wonder if Stephen Phillips would back you on ramblings? You must know who Stephen is, right?

Stephen Philips, the TDI director of Product development? I suspect he probably would, since TDI don't offer a recreational trimix course. But you stick to the agencies who promote trimix for the masses - Both of us will be happier that way.

Agree with that and more! Ahem, this is the New Divers and Those Considering Diving forum; no-stop recreational diving with air &/or nitrox is as far as this forum should really go. :shakehead:

This is my exact point - Mr pilot here obviously feels Trimix should be part of the gasses used by new divers etc..

Anyway, I'm going to pack up this discussion now - It serves no purpose, and I'm sure nobody in their right mind would be promoting Trimix to new divers - Even those with a Padi Advanced card; so trying to make the fella see where I'm coming from is a waste of time.

I've spent considerable amounts of time with new divers in UK waters, and this is what forms my opinion of trimix for rec diving. Not sure whether Mr Pilot teaches, or is just diving for fun, but I reckon there is a big difference between following a tropical reef in florida to the surface, and doing a blue (green) water ascent in poor viz and strong current. After having a handful of continuing education students, it would be obvious to any instructor that buoyancy control is not a skill every diver masters in their open water class, and environmental conditions does affect a divers performance. After having Mr Pilot dive the conditions we have here, I'd be interested to know if he still felt the majority of divers would cope better with trimix.

We may never know, but its not worth the time or effort to continue the discussion, so you can all make up your own minds on the matter. I suspect Pilot is trolling a fair bit anyway, judging by the summary of his profile. (General troublemaker)

This is my exact point - Mr pilot here obviously feels Trimix should be part of the gasses used by new divers etc..

An option, just like nitrox.

After having Mr Pilot dive the conditions we have here, I'd be interested to know if he still felt the majority of divers would cope better with trimix.

:shakehead:

I suspect Pilot is trolling a fair bit anyway, judging by the summary of his profile. (General troublemaker)

:shakehead:

Back
Top Bottom