NJ Shore Diving Spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lminmychair

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations for some decent daytime NJ shore diving. Acarter92 and I were looking to get acquainted with it. I've read most of the guides online, but a lot of that info is outdated. I wanted to see what people were still actively diving and what not.

The only active place we know of are the inlet dives, but we're only OW so that'll have to be for the future since they're night time dives. Any advice/recommendations would be awesome!
-rus

Last edited:
I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations for some decent daytime NJ shore diving. Acarter92 and I were looking to get acquainted with it. I've read most of the guides online, but a lot of that info is outdated. I wanted to see what people were still actively diving and what not.

The only active place we know of are the inlet dives, but we're only OW so that'll have to be for the future since they're night time dives. Any advice/recommendations would be awesome!
-rus

What depth are you comfortable and experienced with - and in what area of NJ. I can make some recommendations if you give a little more info!

Lots of good diving here.

What depth are you comfortable and experienced with - and in what area of NJ. I can make some recommendations if you give a little more info!

Lots of good diving here.

We're comfortable with 60ish feet. As far as area, I'm very familiar with the Barnegat area (just don't know any up-to-date shore diving spots) , but we'd be willing to check out anything. Thanks!

Bump! Just wanted to know if anyone has updated info. Sites in the Ventnor/Margate/Longport area would be great, though I am open to anything.

We too are only OW certified and would like to explore some of the <30' wrecks and jetties accessible from the beach. Any suggestions/advise for this time of year?

My 2 cents - NJScuba.net is your best bet.
That said I dont think you will find any <30 foot wrecks anywhere (buried in sand and completely smashed to pieces maybe) - you will want to learn to shore dive - get comfortable and then venture out to the 60 - 80 foot range on a charter if wreck diving is your thing. If shore diving is your thing - Shark River and Manasquan offer shallow diving < 30 feet depending on where you go... Allenhurst Jetty as well - I have not dove there yet due to conditions when I have tried... I end up in Shark River or Manasquan when conditions are not good in the ocean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom