No 15 litre tanks on Shakti

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

val&tim

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A warning to anyone who needs a 15 litre tank and is thinking of booking a trip on the Shakti - they do not provide them. In fact, the contact person seems rather indignant at the request, saying "A 15 litre tank is no way ordinary on liveaboards".

Fortunately, no other RA liveaboard that we contacted had any problem with providing a 15L tank for a small surcharge.

As a regular 15-litre tank user, I know that most liveaboard operators provide them on request. For RA trips, I know that both MV Mermaid I and MSV Seahorse do so.

Equally, those few operators who do not provide 15-litre tanks seem to have chips on their shoulders when asked about them.....like your MV Shakti. If you have not responded to their rude comments, give them back with interest.

MV Febrina of Kimbe Bay in PNG was another such boat. When I booked with them and put in a request for a 15-litre tank, they made a cheap drama about it. I would have accepted if they had politely expressed their inability to provide bigger tanks but instead I got some rude messages from the boat's captain. For that and other similar reasons, I cancelled my booking with them and got my deposit back.

Anyone have luck with a steel tank? Our LOB trip next summer can't get one. Would be great for my wife, she is boyant and dives a 7mm= 14-16lbs of lead.

One guy on the Bilikiki ordered one months in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom