No Breakwater - Macabee instead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jon m

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
so, i talked to my student friend, and it looks like they are diving macabee for classes. which means so are we.
can anyone tell me about parking? i heard you can pay El Torito $10 for all day??
i don't want to eat there....
also, tips on macabee? any structure there?

thanks!!!!!!

ps- i owuld have posted this on my "breakwater" thread, but somehow it seems to have been taken over by some strange intruders...:D

MacAbee is a great dive! Lots of shallow structure, and harbor seals often hang out there and interact with you. It's loads of fun!

You can park at El Torito without eating there. They do charge you, but it's been awhile since I've done it, so I don't know how much it is now. It was $10 when I did it a few years ago. ( I boat dive it now). If you don't want to park there, there is a pay lot across the street. There is a public restroom up the block, but IIRC it has signs forbidding divers in wet gear from using it.

Have fun!

If you're in & out before El Torito opens, you won't be charged. I've never made it out before. I'm told if you eat there, you won't be charged either. As far as the restroom a block off, it's not always open early in the morning, so FYI.

The harbor seals can be a mischievous lot, one kept on nudging me down and then would dart back into the kelp before I could turn around. I thought I was going out of my mind until I finally spotted him/her darting back. On our way back he/she was fascinated by my dive buddy's fins and nibbled on them a bit when we were 10' of water.

Last edited:
How was it out there today?
so, i talked to my student friend, and it looks like they are diving macabee for classes. which means so are we.
can anyone tell me about parking? i heard you can pay El Torito $10 for all day??

thanks!!!!!!

ps- i owuld have posted this on my "breakwater" thread, but somehow it seems to have been taken over by some strange intruders...:D

thanks!!!!!!

Jim can be a bit strange its true...

thanks, i didn't see 10' on saturday!!! we did get wet, though, saw some stuff. anyone have any idea what all the eggs (pink cylinder) on the rocks are? (i thought squid?)
i heard sunday was better, we just rode bikes instead...
welcome my new "biddy" Nate (gosink1000) - he is now certified, look out!

Back
Top Bottom