no luck finding an authorized service facility in my area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beachnik

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I bought a new zeagle reg from a retail store that was going out of business. Since they were going out of business (and clearly had not sold much product for some time), I wasn't surprised to not find them on the list of authorized dealers at the time I made the purchase. I would expect that Zeagle dropped them from the list when they didn't produce enough volume.

Here's what did surprise me about the list of authorized dealers - when I search (via the zeagle site) for one in my area, and then call them to confirm that they are authorized to do repairs/service:

• Pacific Wilderness - listed, but tell me they are not authorized. They had no interest in pursuing the discussion.
  • Eco Dive Center - listed, but send their stuff to Aqua Lab, and Aqua Lab says they are not authorized
  • Malibu Divers - listed, but their site indicates that they are not authorized (actually, their stuff is sent to Malibu Scuba Repair, and that site indicates no Zeagle authorization)
  • Ocean Adventures Dive Co - listed, but they say they send their stuff to a third party for repair (they seemed uncertain if the third party was authorized)
  • Zeagle Express - their site says they are authorized, but they are not listed as such on the zeagle site.
  • Scuba Toys - finally, a site listed as authorized who also say they service Zeagle regulators! According to google maps, they're 1441 miles from my house, that'll be a long drive! Maybe they'll let me wait while they do the work?

These are just the names I checked out. Disappointing. I was hoping to find someone listed as authorized who actually say that they are authorized and are interested in doing the work - in my area. Shouldn't be a big deal since I live south west of L.A.

Last edited:
Lots of people send their stuff to ScubaToys, even from the West Coast, as they're so fast with Zeagle repairs/annual services they get things turned around and delivered faster than many stores can do it in your own town.

We've sent our Zeagle regs to Scuba Toys for service and have always had them back in less than 2 weeks. Plus they're only about $50 for the service and even when you add the cost of flat rate Priority Mail shipping (like $12), it's still cheaper than most local shops.

Zeagle Express is listing under the dealers as Aquatic Adventures.

We are located about 3 miles from the Zeagle factory and have been servicing and repairing Zeagle products since they started manufacturing them 30 years ago.

Let us know if you need anything and we will get you taken care of.
Regs are usually turned around in about a week.
Here is the Zeagle Regulator service page with prices and info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom