No one told me Key Largo was so damn good!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Washy

Reaction score
I have been away from the ol´ internet for a while so I haven´t had chance to post my sheer bloody enjoyment of Key Largo diving.

Two weeks ago, my wife and I thought we´d head down to the keys as we had some spare time. OK, my home is in the UK so, "popping down for dive" isn´t in my vocab (unless you count those stupid crap viz dives that I have done around Portsmouth and SE England).

Anyway, having scored a few dives with Paradise Charters (who I can thoroughly recommend) we headed out to the reef. I was genuinely blown away. Having gorged on a massive dive-fest in the Caymans 12 months earlier I thought that nothing would compete. I was wrong. For sheer diversity on one dive your Florida guys and gals have it really good.

Why you Americans bother with diving arseholes such as Egypt is beyond me - just go to Largo, it blimming marvellous!!! (Ok there´s nothing to do in town, but then I suppose that´s what Key West or Miami is for...)

Thank you to Paradise Charters for confirming that for good dives you don´t need to fly to islands in the middle of the Pacific, or put up with dive crews who are cretins, well done!

Yes, we are very lucky indeed...and Largo isn't all.... North to Broward County has the best beach diving in the country!

ah- to hear wonderful british phrases again- like "blimming marvellous!!!"
And you made me chuckle with the Portsmouth Jibe- it's my second home (unfortunately) and yes- diving there does suck!!!

I cannot agree more- Key Largo is pretty darn good for trip, I always have a great time when I visit there and can't understand why I don't do it more often.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom