NO politics, just Sharing my Feelings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

since the thread seems to have been pulled, and I (and Walter too it seems) have no idea what it was about....can you give us a hint?

Oh...it wasn't even what it was ABOUT, (Cubans denied a room at Hilton in Norway for American trade embargo ruling) It was good because all the great hot shots (opinionated pontificating advanced users of the English language) were in there
slugging it out in a fairly friendly enthusiastic way. Free enterprise, and the politics of human rights violators and the American reputation were getting discussed.

All those people on either side that you always wished you had ammo for?

Well...they had each other.

It was like a great ping pong match. I couln't keep up. Then..boom, the plug was yanked. And I had to watch TV and be lonely on a Saturday night, so I was bummed. I had a great story about a young kid, BorBor, a Marine from Ethiopia and his perspective, and I did not get to post it.

But, I recovered.

The thread is still in there. It was locked but hasn't "disappeared" like so many others like it. Click on DB's link.

For two wildly diverging points of view.

About 25 years ago I met an woman PhD candidate at Stanford who in a wide ranging conversation over several days told me that her brother was killed at Bay of Pigs in Cuba. Not Cuban, my unconfirmed guess, given who she was is that he was CIA. About 3 months earlier was in Cuba visiting at the Bay of Pigs museum. Was a bit of a wake up call re how the same historical event can be viewed from two completely different perspectives by completely rational people. (Was much younger then - such things no longer surprise me.)

catherine96821:
I had a great story about a young kid, BorBor, a Marine from Ethiopia and his perspective, and I did not get to post it.

I was thinking, if you can somehow keep it non-political (or as close as possible) you might be able to post it as a inspirational story.

Basically, it's amazing the countries that these young Marines are from and what they say about America. I know, I know...people will say they are just in it for the benefits, they have been duped, etc, but that is not what they say. When you listen to their stories, and how they feel, you really realize the truth.

You can tell so much about a system by how many are dying to get in, and how many are dying to get out.

McDonalds must make the best food in the world then...sorry couldn´t resist...of course in the McDonalds case, sadly, some are literally dying to get out...

Back
Top Bottom