Noisy M1 seconds- too hot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That’s the automatic depth-compensating Venturi adjust on the Atomics. On my Scubapros and Dep 6 regs, I turn the Venturi all the way on on my primaries at the start and all the way off on my octos.

I wish I could turn my Atomic all the way on in the primary. I was thinking about getting the depth compensating plug and just cutting out the vane. It’s not really a big deal though.

There's a plug you can buy specifically for that purpose?

Stick with Apeks, mate!

I have stuck with only Apeks first stages. Still trying to settle on a second stage. I have some military Conshelf 14s which I like, not the best breathers but certainly good enough, I like their simplicity and ruggedness. I think the G250/G250V/G260 are better second stages so will likely settle on one of those.

I mean like two seconds with a pair of wire cutters and cut the vane off the depth compensating diaphragm. I would want a spare assembly before I tired it though.

Do you have a source for Atomic parts by any chance?

I have stuck with only Apeks first stages. Still trying to settle on a second stage. I have some military Conshelf 14s which I like, not the best breathers but certainly good enough, I like their simplicity and ruggedness. I think the G250/G250V/G260 are better second stages so will likely settle on one of those.
I haven't tried any regs other than Apeks since 1998!
I must have saved lot of money on new equipment.
However, renovating/resurrecting etc old equipment, use it and finally sell it at a lost/profit is different story. You cannot quantify hobby as long as you have the mean to support it.

Yes, don't think I've ever made money, but very much enjoy buying, resurrecting, selling etc. equipment for me is as much of a hobby as the actual diving. Cheaper than a drug addition, just...
A good hobby is priceless!

Back
Top Bottom