non diving event in Jan in Marathon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iluvtheocean

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
There is a Celtic Festival going on the weekend of January 10 & 11 in Marathon with live music bands coming from away as Scotland herself..

Keys

Great Live Celtic Bands, Border Collie Herding Demo, Highland Athletics, Pipes & Drums, Celtic Food, Beer and Celtic Merchandise Vendors!

I've already got my hotel room booked.

You can always dive in the morning and go to the festival in the afternoon

Surface interval in a kilt!!!!
Sounds like fun, but only a maybe for making it down that weekend at this point.
It's on my calendar though, so will give it a try....

some other good dates for different parts of florida for those that can't get down to the keys:

18 - 19 JanuaryCentral Florida Highland GamesWinter Springs, FL, USA
24 - 25 JanuaryCaloosahatchee Celtic FestivalFort Myers, FL, USA
01 FebruarySarasota Highland GamesSarasota, FL, USA
07 - 08 FebruaryCeltic Family Jubilee
Sertoma Youth Ranch
Brooksville, FL, USA

22 FebruaryNE Florida Highland GamesJacksonville, FL, USA
01 MarchSE Florida Highland GamesFort Lauderdale, FL, USA
08 - 08 MarchSt. Augustine Celtic FestivalSt. Augustine, FL, USA

All of these are very kid friendly, although i'm not sure if they would like the Haggis!

Why would you want to dive when you could be doing morning caber tossing? I don't think that the haggis tossing is a good idea. What if it leaches into the water table?

actually i'd say throwing the haggis is better than eating it (never been big on organ meat) although it is supposed to be biodegradable ..... scotch eggs are delicious though... besides with all the beer & ale consumed at one of these, you won't be doing any diving afterwards.

For some reason the ladies like a man in a kilt --- out of the water at least.

Not going to make it down this weekend (I ate/drank so much through the holidaze my kilt barely fits) but I wanted to bump the thread to remind some of you it's going on, and hopefully you can get some incriminating photos of some "scubaboard famous" divers behaving poorly after much stout and whisky.

Have fun, but don't do anything I wouldn't do. /grin

LOL -- i actually didn't have any alcohol since hadn't been feeling so good. But the line for the beer was LONG. The festival went very well especially for a 1st time festival and the music was great. I sat right up front all day.
it went well enough that they are going to be doing it again next year!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom