Nope-Page/Hope Page clone evolution.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An affordable bio-compatible resin launched recently, just be aware that any cross-contamination must be prevented.
We have an anycubic, I'm impressed considering the price. The Form3 is absolutely better, but it's nearly 5 times the price.

Otherwise it's Formlabs Bio-compatible and that stuff is very expensive, plus you need the more expensive Form3B.

And the SLA resins are all brittle, only gets worse with sun exposure. I've not tried it for anything scuba but I'd rather use FDM, the filled PET can be very very strong. And if you need a smooth tight tolerance hole just undersize it then ream it out.

I do a lot of engineering with 3D printing.

In small quantities it might actually be practical to have it machined from plastic.

An affordable bio-compatible resin launched recently, just be aware that any cross-contamination must be prevented.
We have an anycubic, I'm impressed considering the price. The Form3 is absolutely better, but it's nearly 5 times the price.

Otherwise it's Formlabs Bio-compatible and that stuff is very expensive, plus you need the more expensive Form3B.

And the SLA resins are all brittle, only gets worse with sun exposure. I've not tried it for anything scuba but I'd rather use FDM, the filled PET can be very very strong. And if you need a smooth tight tolerance hole just undersize it then ream it out.

I do a lot of engineering with 3D printing.

In small quantities it might actually be practical to have it machined from plastic.
Yeah, I'm looking at the Anycubic Mono 4k, and Siraya tech Blu. They also have flex resins that seem to do well mixing in in small percentages to reduce/eliminate the brittleness issue. If I get it truly sorted, I may look into injection molding prices if I think there is a big enough market for them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom