North Augusta /Savannah river dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krawlings

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I had 2 GREAT dives on the Savannah river Sunday , Thank you diveprof for showing Tony and my self around the river. 1 for 85 minutes and the other was 105 minutes . Seen a lot of history that is under water in the Savannah river and some cool underwater toporaphy Looking forward to coming back and dive with you all again , I have to say the 2 LONG dives wore me out I slept like a rock

diveprof,

Thanks for the tour of the Savannah River. You have some really nice dive sites in your
area.:D I am looking forward to diving with you guys again soon.

Congrats to Ken on making his 100th dive!

Two great dives in the Savannah River this weekend - both at N. Augusta. Current was minimal, with no rain this past week the vis was about 10-15' yesterday and this afternoon with full sun it was 15-20' (some of the best of the year). Good fish life in and around the boulders and rock ledges. Dive times were 98 min yesterday and 110 minutes today.

That post just makes me want to come back and do it all over again.:D

No rain predicted throughout the weekend:D
It's going to be two weeks before I can get back that way again. :D I will be back.:rofl3:

Another great dive today (118 minutes) max depth 20', vis of 15'+, water temp of 74, at N. Augusta boat landing. Lots of fish life and good company. We are diving again tomorrow at 1p. This has become our favorite river spot due to the bottom composition of boulders and sheets of rock (prior to the building of the lock and dam this was the rapids area of the river), minimal current, and good fish life.

What a great dive today. We had 15' vis again. Mega fishy and decent vis(15' or so in spots). Lots of bass, sunfish, bluegills, white crappie, freshwater eels, huge school of spotted suckers that followed us a while, redfin pickerel, and of course over 49 (stopped counting) cats (fishermen don't get excited these are the small speckled madtoms). Hoping the rain will hold off for our 9am dive Monday. With the tropical depression moving through we may lose river vis, but we need the rain. Georgia divers, here is a neat webiste:
Fishes of Georgia: Species of Freshwater Fish of Georgia

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom