north florida Cave for doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnydive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
what are the best cave in florida for twinset diver. I don't do sidemount, maybe later. What are your favorite spot!

Making the assumption it'd be your first time there, pretty much all the tourist caves are doable with backmount doubles, aside from Jug Hole everything else is fine.

You'll see sidemount sections within a system, but that'd be just side tunnels.

The majority of (popular) caves in the area are perfectly fine for diving with doubles, though there's probably some passage that would be sidemount only (e.g. lips bypass or Harry's crack at Ginnie). But you would generally have to be going there on purpose. The only caves that come to mind that would be a bit more on the sidemount side would be Cow Springs (entrance restriction and Not My Fault) and Jug Hole.

Making the assumption it'd be your first time there, pretty much all the tourist caves are doable with backmount doubles, aside from Jug Hole everything else is fine.

You'll see sidemount sections within a system, but that'd be just side tunnels.
It will be our first time there yes!

Most FL caves were originally explored in doubles and you still see about 50/50 doubles vs. sidemount at most popular sites. I myself dive doubles 90% of the time unless I'm on CCR (backmount CCR with sidemount bailout). You can easily dive for years in a backmount configuration without running out of cave to explore. Some great sites you can dive to get a taste of FL cave diving:

Ginnie Springs
Little River
Peacock Springs (P1, Orange Grove, and P3)
Madison Blue

Jackson Blue
Hole in the Wall
Manatee
I mean the VAST majority of N FL tourist caves are just fine in doubles

I believe Ichetucknee is the only tourist cave in Florida that isn't BM friendly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom