North of Mezcalitos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear Patrick,

The canons and anchors that we found in 2006 can be seen at the web page. We don't have photos of the new anchor yet.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

I was very disturbed by the vision of a " typical " over fed cruise weenie tromping all over those pristine reefs over there. That is a crime of no small dimension to me. I sincerely hope that something can be done to protect that side of the island.

Patrick

I read on one of the Cozumel online newsletters a few months ago that there was a movement afoot to extend the marine park to encompass the entire island except for the northern and central hotel zones (from the northernmost hotel down to where it starts now just north of the Presidente) and a small gap at Mescalito's. Whatever happened to it?

I read on one of the Cozumel online newsletters a few months ago that there was a movement afoot to extend the marine park to encompass the entire island except for the northern and central hotel zones (from the northernmost hotel down to where it starts now just north of the Presidente) and a small gap at Mescalito's. Whatever happened to it?

Spring 08 I heard some disturbing things...
Rumor has it "the Donald" was looking for some land up north to build.
I think that would good for the economy and very bad for ecology of the island.
I hope he stopped or looks somewhere else.

The current story is he has backed out of the project for the time being.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom