Northeast Springs??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jesstotheocean

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm driving down to Florida at the beginning August and I'm looking for the closest Springs to Jacksonville. (only Jacksonville, FL because we've booked a cruise and are sailing on Sept. 5th) I found Ginnie Springs but that's a good 2 1/2 hours, anything closer that I should look into?

Check out Blue Grotto, Devils Den, Paradise Springs, and Alexander Springs. I think you'll be driving at least 2 hours for any of them though.

jesstotheocean:
I'm driving down to Florida at the beginning August and I'm looking for the closest Springs to Jacksonville. (only Jacksonville, FL because we've booked a cruise and are sailing on Sept. 5th) I found Ginnie Springs but that's a good 2 1/2 hours, anything closer that I should look into?
Nope, ginnie is your best bet. Best spring resort in florida though. I wouldnt pass it by.

yup... Ginnie is closest, along with Blue Grotto and Devil's Den, both in
Williston.

of the three, Ginnie is by far the better facility, and you can do the Ballroom cavern
with only an OW card

also, have you considered an off-shore dive? it will cost you around $90 or so,
but it's an interesting place, with limestone reefs and wrecks

Eyups , Ginnie is probably the closest to Jax...
(1.5 hours almost right on the button)
It's a nice way to spend the day ...
(And since some of us are hooked on springs anyway...) :11:

Jean

Speaking of JAX, Andy, give me some info on who, how much, and when you can go, and lets do it. I dont want to miss out again this year. Ill bring my club over. DO you knwo of any 6 packs we can rent?

Jess,

I've only done one dive out of Illinois and it was at Ginnie.

It might take a small bit to get there but has been said it is worth it.

Jeff

There is also Blue Springs in Orange City, but that is at least as far as Ginnie Springs, and if you only have the chance to dive one, I would definitely pick Ginnie.

scubafool:
There is also Blue Springs in Orange City, but that is at least as far as Ginnie Springs, and if you only have the chance to dive one, I would definitely pick Ginnie.

So Ginnie Springs it is!! Anybody available to go diving either Saturday afternoon (September 3rd) or Sunday morning (September 4th)??

How was your cruise? Did you get to hit any springs while you were here??

I would have volunteered to go had I seen this thread before hand... Maybe next time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom