Northern Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
As Memo mentioned in the thread about partial closure of the national park, our Special Ops team is compiling a list and description of the sites we have discovered all north of town. Indeed they are out in the water today so we can give the best description of each site. From beginner to expert there are sites for everyone.

On the other hand there remain many under utilized sites left out of the closure. For instance, most people don't even know that the Santa Rosa wall dive has 5 terrific swim throughs followed by Santa Rosa Shallows. Or Cedral Wall is exceptional, and Yucab and Tormentos are way under rated. And all can be enjoyed in many different ways with adequate air. And the towering pillars are never going away-- even if all the corals and fish are dead!

I will post a list of those northern sites in detail shortly, but if you want to check our web site we have a video that we call Polar Express that shows some of them as well as the Cave of Sleeping Sharks.

That is at www.Aldora.com

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

PS Since diving Coz in 92 I have seen winter water temps as low as 78F, and summer temps as high as 86F. This last summer I don't believe it ever got over 86F, and we check it everyday. I think that discards climate change as a culprit. Might be a factor in other areas, I admit.

Thanks Dave. Luckily we are staying in town this year. (walking distance to the Aldora pier) The south was too cut off for us.

What does happen to those staying in the south anyway?

My husband and I are scheduled with Aldora for next week. What are you saying about "even if all the corals and fish are dead."??

Sorry if my post sounded alarmist…it was not intended that way. iT was only in response to the post that worried about the grand pinnacles and coral heads that exist now. The intent was to imply that nothing short of a giant meteor strike would make them go away—and no, all the fish and corals will not go away. I promise.

As to the question about those staying down south, we will pick them up as normal no matter the gas burn. If we take them to the great northern sites, we''ll just bring them back. And the closure is only going be a few weeks during our very slow season, ending Dec 15. And what you may ask is a short closure going to accomplish? Nothing at all, just like the original ill conceived plan!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

and no, all the fish and corals will not go away. I promise.
That's a promise that you can't keep and flies in the face of what is going on worldwide. Would you make the same promise a few years ago if your operation was servicing GBR divers?

Dear DFDubb,

Are you trying to suggest that ALL corals and ALL fish will go away?

Reactions: BRT
My crystal ball is acting up right now so I can't say. I'm also not on here making "promises" either.
I will make you a firm promise that all coral and fish are not going to go away.

Just wondering Dave, I’ve dove with aldora twice, and never met you. Do you work in the shop?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom