Northern Diver Vortex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phillybob

Contributor
Reaction score
there are some old, vague posts on this suit. anyone dive these things? they look pretty nice and the price is right. a little feedback would be appreciated. thanks.

phillybob:
there are some old, vague posts on this suit. anyone dive these things? they look pretty nice and the price is right. a little feedback would be appreciated. thanks.
I dive a ND Cortex FEZ (front entry zipper) and don't have any complaints. I've seen some here report that it's a "stiff" suit, but since I don't have experience with any other type, I'm not noticing any stiffness. I have about 25 dives on it and it's keeping me dry. What else could I want?

I've used one in the past and it worked fine. The only complaint that I had was that the boots were a pain to get my foot into.

Scott

thanks for the replies. when looking for a drysuit at the end of summer, i'm going to check out these guys. http://www.1877scubausa.com/drysuits.htm. i like the features of the vortex, it looks like a higher-end suit as compared to nex-gen and whites nexus, two other inexpensive suits that i was looking at. it's hard to tell on the computer. i'll take a ride up the turnpike one day and try one on. i'll watch for the boot thing. i 've read since my original post that they've been diving these suits in england for a while and that they are supposed to be a good, rugged suit for the money. i'll give them a look. i've already read all the positive posts about the nex-gen. they can be had anywhere. this northern diver, you don't hear too much about. i'm still looking. thanks.

I've got the ND CNX, neoprene instead of tri-lam but I have a few buddies that dive the Cortex, its bombproof man. Very rugged, I'd get it over the Whites for sure. It appears to be more rugged than any other bag suit I have ever seen.

CD_in_Chitown:
I'd get it over the Whites for sure. It appears to be more rugged than any other bag suit I have ever seen.

that's what i'm shooting for. i think i'm leaning towards the vortex. i'll still keep looking, though. we'll see when i try one on. thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom