Northern Virginia Dive Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is also a meetup group I'm a member of DC/VA/MD Scuba Meetup Group (Washington, DC) - Meetup.com

They have Monthly Happy Hours in Falls Church. The organize dives to travel spots, and also local places like Lake Rawlings and Dutch Springs. I went to one of their events at Lake Rawling and was VERY disappointed in the level of organization. I actually didn't even find the group until I was leaving.

Yeah, I did see Sea Ventures had one at one time. Does not seem to be active though. Hence why I asked if the store even had a club. The LDS I trained through, Adventure SCUBA Company, does not have a club even though a lot of divers frequent the store.

Rick,

To find someone to dive with, try calling Adventure Scuba and ask for Jack or Todd. One of them is almost always there. They are very aware of activities going on with the divers frequenting the store, especially locally at Millbrook. They can tie you into someone who may be going. Three of us did just that through them this last Saturday.

Ted

To find someone to dive with, try calling Adventure Scuba and ask for Jack or Todd. One of them is almost always there. They are very aware of activities going on with the divers frequenting the store, especially locally at Millbrook. They can tie you into someone who may be going. Three of us did just that through them this last Saturday.

Thanks, I went and talked to Todd and he mentioned the same thing when I asked. So I will definitely do that in the future. I just hope people do not mind having a noob hanging around. On a plus note he set up up so I can hit the pool this Thursday to try out my new gear and also so I can practice my buoyancy control.

Well, we have one....and here is how it works. We are a loose knit band that likes to dive. Period. We have people from AOW to tech. We dive here, there, and all over. When we run a trip, unlike all shops, if we get a free slot, that amount saved is added in, then the price is re-divided. In other words, you don't have to pay for someone else's diving. We have simple rules- no diving beyond your knowledge, be respectful, don't flake. You must have insurance, and we require you to dive with us in a quarry or other lake type place before going in the ocean with us. We are based in the Eastern Panhandle of WV, and our website will fill you in on the rest. In the last year we have done numerous quarries (including a few no one else can :) ), the Oriskany, Morehead, Hatteras, NJ, and most recently Bonaire.
-J

Thanks, I went and talked to Todd and he mentioned the same thing when I asked. So I will definitely do that in the future. I just hope people do not mind having a noob hanging around. On a plus note he set up up so I can hit the pool this Thursday to try out my new gear and also so I can practice my buoyancy control.

Rick, you can always give me a shout! Rarely is there a weekend when I'm not down with hitting Millbrook! :D

--George

Sterling Silver SCUBA transferred ownership in May '08 they are trying to get together a dive club. The best option though is to do the meet up group at the Beach Shack in Falls Church on Tuesday nights for happy hour.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom