Norwegian (non diving) Cruise story...LONG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rich, it sounds like you were on the "Majesty" correct? If so, that is one of the oldest in the fleet of NCL ships. That ship has been retro fitted and actually was stretched to be longer. I have been on it as well. The cabins are much smaller on it than on say the NCL SUN, which I have also, been on.

I have been on three differrent cruise liners and I have found that Norwegian has been the best of the three. I do not feel that they are of a lower end category liner. I also, disagree about the length of time they offer for shore/port stops. I have done some extensive research to find ships that make good port calls, frequent stops, with less time at sea(2 days out of 7 as oppossed to 3 on Carnival). I found in the Carribbean we were usually the first ship in port and the last to leave. Most of our time on shore was 6-8hours, we even had one in Cozumel that was 12 hours. I can't complain about the time there. We had time to get off twice and do different things.

Sorry you had such a rough experience. That is one reason I don't care to do a northern itinerary. I much perfer the warm water trips.

We are going again in Feb. 15-22 on the Norwegian Sun for the second time on it. This time we go from Miami, to Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya and Cozumel. Our whole family is going , I hope, as long as nothing else changes our plans.

By the way my husband finds that the beer is best purchased by the bucket on the ships, he says that is a better bargan that way.
I also, had luck on our last if you bought a special cup for coke or diet coke the refills were free. Of course for it to really be a value you have to drink a lot of coke.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom