Not a good sign for cruise ship industry return before vaccine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

not to forget that the port stopped in has to be clean also. that is not possible either. the only option is to close the port. I think a better way to do it is to not allow any passenger in a health critical demographys. start with the least effected age groups etc and progress to unlimited passengers through time.

Most ports ships pull into are poor countries that rely on tourist dollars. any port that needs greenbacks are probably not the healthiest to begin with.

Wouldn't that eliminate like two thirds of most cruise ship passengers?

Wouldn't that eliminate like two thirds of most cruise ship passengers?

Nope. That lot is the likeliest to get vaccinated first! They'll be raring to go.

Nope. That lot is the likeliest to get vaccinated first! They'll be raring to go.
Good point.

Good point. Doesn't help with the crew and those who aren't vaccinated however.

Good point.

I believe that Mickey A.et al are well aware of that conundrum and will be trying to do something to resolve. Essential workers?

have to get a price cut on the fares and turn KW into a paid excursion. on a 2 port cruise that is not popular by any means. the cruise line will drop the port all together and go some where else. Jamacha loves cruise ships and the greenback. when people go to a port they exercise less spending control when they are only there a few hours than when they stay over night or longer. Now those that drive to KLW will see price increases as the loss of cruise revenue drops.

He'll be working the angles for sure, but might be a bit more challenging since Nov 3. Poor guy.

Best response in a long while. I have no love for that “poor” guy. Going down with the SS Trump. No tears here.

Good point.

I would hope that the cruise lines get their crews vaccinated before sending them out and that no one not vaccinated will be allowed aboard. Also, as has been vigorously discussed, until the issue of whether vaccinated people can become asymptomatic carriers is resolved, cruising will still be problematic.

Best response in a long while. I have no love for that “poor” guy. Going down with the SS Trump. No tears here.
Who is Mickey A?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom