Not exactly a diving question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe take one day and DO NOTHING. Just chill on the beach or at the resort or where ever you decide works best. I like a DO NOTHING day... everyone should try it...

This is an often overlooked option that is VERY worthwhile!!!

The road to Hana is nice, but I really liked driving around Maui's north shore from Kahului to Lahina. Don't bring a big vehicle since the road is very narrow but the cliffs and waterfalls are amazing. This drive is what the road to Hana was like 15 years ago.

We will flying into Kahului and our condo is in Kahana so I think we will be driving the way you are suggesting. We arrive at 4:30 pm in late November, do you think there will be enough light to do some sight-seeing? If not, we leave a week later at 3 pm in the afternoon and have to check out of the condo at 10 am so we have some time to kill and could do this drive. Does this drive have areas like the Road to Hana (such as waterfalls, etc.) to see? Is there any kind of map we can get to help us? We are definitely getting a small-size car (that is what can be afforded in the budget).

Thank to everyone for all the help.

cruzbound

That's actually considered the east coast here. It is often shut down when there is an a indent like today on the Pali Hwy because so many people try to rush over there to get from Lahaina to Kahului. The police close it so there aren't more fatalities.

Today the Pali was shut down for three hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Maui Ocean Center could be considered a land trip, though probably not a dry land trip. And the start of whale season probably counts as a water activity too. A visit to the winery maybe? Touring pineapple fields? Coffee tour and tasting isnt quite what it is on the other islands, but its there. There are farm to table tours which may or may not be GMO-free. Lots of restaurants offering Hawaii Regional Cuisine, with Roy's as the most famous example nationwide. Some Hawaiian music, either the luau stuff or some slack key guitar, would be something hard to find elsewhere. Golf tournament in late November, or hit the links yourself. ATVing or hunting (take as much deer as you are allowed, please) if you are on the bolder side. And yeah, like ShakaDoug said above, do nothing on the beach.

Whenever the topic of what is on Maui comes up, you'd think that Maui is just a tall crater with barren slopes and a curvy road around it by the way people describe it.

:zen:

tough choice...the way I would put it...if you want to see Maui the way you always expected and hoped it would look with waterfalls, rain forests, orchids and blue ocean...then the road to Hana; on the other hand, if you want to see Maui totally different from anything you expected in Hawaii, with cattle ranches, horses grazing in verdant fields, eucalyptus groves ,polo fields,and a lunar landscape to top it off, then Haleakala

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom