Not having any luck with Izu -Thinking about going to Okinawa. Where to stay cheaply?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

00wabbit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'll be traveling to tokyo for business. It looks like it will be fairly cheap to fly to Okinawa. Thinking of taking morning flight and maybe doing one dive in the afternoon then 2-3 dives the next day. Then I will take a day to tour the island and off gas before flying back to Tokyo.

I've ever been here and will be on my own can you help me to find a place to stay, dive operation and give any tips you have? I do not speak or read japanese.

Most of the diving is centered around the Chatan area- there are numerous inexpensive hotels and or hostels in the area and beach and boat diving within 5 minutes. When are you going to be in the area?

A tip is too look at vanilla air for flights... LLC prices but still includes 20kg luggage... Compare it with skymark and jetstar.... Vanilla air is not included in skyscanner (yet)

Happy diving!

There are some places through booking.com but for cheaper options.... Talk to some dive operators....

Back
Top Bottom