Not Impressed With Huish Support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carl_F

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So my Atom 3.1 died a bit a couple months ago. I sent it to Huish and it was placed on backorder for service (it doesn't look like they actually repair yours, they send you a refurbished one and then later actually refurbish your broken one to send to someone else.) So Saturday I get a note that its ready for shipment and awaiting payment.

I call in payment.

And now I'm told it's on backorder.

Just plain screwed up.

I did a trade-in for my OCi back in may, After 3 weeks of no notice on when it would come in I called and was told that they were getting a shipment which would be sent out the first week of July. After the deadline came and passed I called Huish again and they told me the shipment was actually coming in the 14th and that the other person I spoke to was wrong...Its been 6 weeks since I placed my order and I'm still not sure when its actually coming in...

I recently had very good service from Oceanic/Huish. See my post in the computer subforum Thank you Oceanic/Huish

Most of my issues stem from the fact that I cant get a solid timeline on when it will arrive...also, how did you get the transmitter that cheap? I'm looking for a transmitter to go with my new computer...I should've ordered then together...

Most of my issues stem from the fact that I cant get a solid timeline on when it will arrive...also, how did you get the transmitter that cheap? I'm looking for a transmitter to go with my new computer...I should've ordered then together...

Hi @Cr.padlo

The $120 was not the purchase price of a new transmitter, it was the price for the expired warranty, Full Factory Service and Calibration Support » Service They just happened to send me a brand new unit rather than a refurbished unit.

For example, if your OCi was out of warranty, this service would cost you $180, considerably less than the cost of a new unit at $800.

I used this service once before, many years ago, when I had two Pro Pluses with bad pressure sensors. They ended up sending me two refurbished Pro Plus 2s at nominal cost. Those two computers are still perfect and in use by family members. I think this is a really great service, I would hope it will continue under Huish.

Good diving, Craig

Hi @Cr.padlo

The $120 was not the purchase price of a new transmitter, it was the price for the expired warranty, Full Factory Service and Calibration Support » Service They just happened to send me a brand new unit rather than a refurbished unit.

For example, if your OCi was out of warranty, this service would cost you $180, considerably less than the cost of a new unit at $800.

I used this service once before, many years ago, when I had two Pro Pluses with bad pressure sensors. They ended up sending me two refurbished Pro Plus 2s at nominal cost. Those two computers are still perfect and in use by family members. I think this is a really great service, I would hope it will continue under Huish.

Good diving, Craig

Like I said, I have no issues with their product, just their customer service and the lack of a timeline that's consistent across their representatives...

Like I said, I have no issues with their product, just their customer service and the lack of a timeline that's consistent across their representatives...
Hi Cody,

You can also check the status by signing into the return portal https://huish.returnsportal.net, I found it worked pretty well during my transmitter return.

It's not surprising to me that the process may be taking longer following the purchase of Oceanic and Hollis by Huish.

Been a long time Atomic customer (15 years). As a family of 4 ocean rats, we have numerous products....fins, knives,masks, snorkels, regulators, safe seconds, Cobalt 2 etc etc. Atomic has been our go to equipment manufacturer. Small, innovative but pricey. However, customer service was spot on. Never an issue. If a product did not live up to "perfect", it was replaced...no questions asked. Enter Huish. Sadly that has all changed. Customer service is abysmal to say the least. Oh well...I guess everything has to end sometime.

I had a great experience with a ranger repair, no cost to me and very nice with the group.

I had another positive service experience with Oceanic/Huish, see post #3. I had a 7 year old Oceanic compass for which the gimble broke. Under the repair/replace program, they sent me a new compass module for just $25. The full turnover time door to door was under 3 weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom