Not receiving daily email notifications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howard:

I have a question about the thread subscription feature.

Let's say I choose daily notification for an existing thread and assume that the thread changes every day.

If I view that thread on Monday and the thread changes after I view it then I expect that I'll receive a notification for the thread that night.

Now if I don't view that thread until Friday of that week but the thread changes every day between Tuesday and Friday will I receive a notification of changes on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday?

I'm guessing that I will not receive notifications on those days. Is this true?

I didn't write the code, so I don't know the answer to how it determines when to email you.

Howard, would you check with the developers to determine when SB generates a thread notification email?

Specifically I'd like to know if SB generates a daily thread notification as I described in msg #11.

This is not an urgent issue but I am curious to know the answer.

If the thread is updated, you should get an email.

The purpose of the notification is to let you know there's an update, so that you'll come and look.

I believe the daily notifications go out at 9:07 am. Eastern time.

There's not much I can do here, as the emails are going out as far as I can tell. You intermittently receive them, but not all of them. I do see occasional bounced emails (I don't see any to you though) in the mail queue.

If the email isn't getting to you, I don't really know what to say other than I'm sorry.

I am also having the same issue. I have not received daily email for over a month. When I check my User CP it shows my subscribed forums. How do I fix this

Thanks
Cheryl

I am also having the same issue. I have not received daily email for over a month. When I check my User CP it shows my subscribed forums. How do I fix this

Thanks
Cheryl

Cheryl,

Have you verified your email address is still valid? Look in your user CP

If the thread is updated, you should get an email.

There's not much I can do here, as the emails are going out as far as I can tell. You intermittently receive them, but not all of them. I do see occasional bounced emails (I don't see any to you though) in the mail queue.
Howard, I appreciate the prompt and frank reply.

Do you have an internal log that shows each email that SB generates before it sends it out? In other words can you say definitively that SB has generated the thread notifications that I'm supposed to receive?

The one thread that I follow on an irregular basis is the http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-diving/386645-blue-heron-bridge-trolls.html. As I mentioned previously the last thread update I received for this was on May 22, 2013.

I suspect you are familiar with this thread. It's pretty popular (it is 415 pages long) and is updated fairly frequently - usually at least once a day.

Is there some way for the SB folks to monitor the internal thread notification process to determine if it is working correctly for this particular thread? I wonder if I am the only person who is affected by this issue.

This is just a suggestion. The issue itself is not critical. However if there is some internal processing anomoly that hasn't been detected yet it might be worth it to investigate sooner rather than later.

Howard, thank you for your efforts on this topic.

I'm glad you appreciate my prompt replies, this is because I'm subscribed with email notification to this thread. I also use my gmail, so I get a notice on my phone as well...

The log shows the emails are being sent. If you're this interested in a particular thread, might I suggest instant notification.

Thanks.

I'm glad you appreciate my prompt replies,
LOL

this is because I'm subscribed with email notification to this thread. I also use my gmail, so I get a notice on my phone as well...

The log shows the emails are being sent. If you're this interested in a particular thread, might I suggest instant notification.

Thanks.
I too am subscribed to this thread using instant notification. I do receive the email notifications.

The odd thing is that for the "Blue Heron Bridge Trolls" thread when I changed notifications to instant I started receiving them. When I set notifications to daily I don't receive them. Weird.

Howard, once again thank you for your help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom