Not that easy,but a whole lotta funn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kilo

Reaction score
Yesterday I started on the pool work. It is not like swimming,a little harder then it looks and yet so much fun.I know that with time and practice I will be able to do it like sleeping.I have heard and read that the mask clearing can some times be hard for people, I can say that it got me a few times.Monday we go back to the pool for the rest of the pool work.Hope that I am not as whooped Monday night as I was last night.

Shane
It's a ton of fun

Thats all I can say. Your skills in the pool may seem like a drag but you WILL use them when diving (especially the mask clearance). Most of them I do without thinking now.

Tip - for skills that involve breathing without a mask, try tipping your head to one side (it stops the bubbles going up your nose and interupting your breathing)

Keep it up

Shane ,

Keep working at it....soon it will all become second nature. The key to starting to learn these new skills is to relax and take normal breathes and just think it through of what your gonna do next. Don't over do it. Before you know it you will be getting you c-card in the mail. Enjoy and keep at it and let us know if you have any questions or how your doing. Good Luck tonight and keep us posted.

Aaron

Funny thing you mentioned being "whooped" after your dive. I can remember every pool session I came home just wiped out. And the pool was only 13 feet deep!

But if you're like me, you'll look forward to each and every one.

BTW, to add my .015 worth, my son held his nose for the first few times w/o the mask during the no mask swim. As he got more comfortable, he released his hand more and more. Now, we swim the length of the pool and back w/o the nose holding and it's no big deal. Just take your time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom